Wednesday, August 17, 2011

YUM Cake

I just had to share this simple recipe with you for one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had. I only managed to snap a pic after the piranha's around here scarfed half of it after dinner!


German Chocolate Yum Cake

1 pkg. German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz. jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 lg. Cool Whip container
1 bag crushed Heath bars  ( i used TWO bags)

Prepare cake according to pkg directions.
Grease and flour, then bake in 9x13" pan. 
When done and still warm, poke holes with fork all over cake.
Mix the milk and topping together and pour over cake.
Refrigerate until cold. Mix cool whip and Heath bars and spread on top.
Sprinkle extra Heath on top if you like.

1 comment:

Jennie Lynn @ Appleseed Prim said...

I adore making german chocolate cake but my family would be so upset with me if I didn't make the coconut frosting to go with it.