Saturday, March 31, 2012

Early Works Creations...........

 It's that time again!  Time to give you a sneaky peeky of a couple new goodies that will go live in my Early Works shoppe later this evening! An adorable elephant pin cushion and also one made from a teensy glass rootbeer type mug!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heed The Warning!


          It's COLORLESS 

                          It's POISON 

and it can kill you while you sleep

Last night, my husband and I were kickin' back in our easy chairs, watching one of our favorite shows; Diners Drive Ins and Dives.... I'm working on my next Early Works creation....yes, we do have quite the exciting life, eh?.... and my daughter calls.

Their carbon monoxide detector went off!  They called 911 and got out of the house. The fire department and gas company came.... there were high levels in the house....mostly in the bedrooms! They checked my daughter, son-in-law and their two kiddos blood levels and my daughter showed the highest signs but they said not enough that she would have to go to the hospital... and my unborn grandchild was fine as well. Thankfully this happened while they were still up and about.

My 2 1/2 year old grandson was thrilled to get in an ambulance and see all the firemen, of course! Such an exciting evening for the little guy.

Good thing it was warmer, as they hung around outside, waiting to find out if they had to leave the house for the evening or what.... the gas company gave it the all clear and told them to leave the furnace off and they could stay... the house had by now, been aired out for hours.

I don't think it really hit me until my head hit the pillow later.....if they would not have had the detector... they might not have woken up this morning!  (When I talked to my daughter this morning, this is exactly what a fireman told them last night).  I couldn't sleep as the reality of it slammed into me.  And I Prayed - All Night - I Praised God - All Night. Thank you Lord for saving my family!

So now that I've told what happen... I'm hopping up on my soap box for just a second.....

If you do not have a carbon monoxide detector - GO GET ONE NOW! 
We used to have one..... and after I get a bit more coffee in me... I'm heading out for a new one! I don't care how much it costs.... if it EVER goes off even ONCE... it has saved your life and more than paid for itself. 

Blessings my friends!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedding Bells Are Ringing!!

Well I can share another tidbit of great news that's happening around here....

The first was that I'm going to be a gramma again in September! Woo-Hoo!!!

And the second is... my oldest son proposed to his girlfriend! 
They're looking at an October wedding!

I have to share the way he proposed... such a unique idea!

I helped him make one of those photo books online... there were pictures of him and his sweetie throughout the last year... comments here and there... and the very last page was a great pic of the two of them and underneath it the words.....

He took her to a nice restaurant..... gave her the gift and they sat there and looked at each page... with her oohing and ahhhing until.... she got to the very last page and read the words.... She looked over and my son had gotten down on one knee, held a beautiful ring out in front of her and asked her to marry him.  Can everyone say..... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :o)

I guess it moved another older couple in the restaurant and they sent over a couple glasses of champagne to their table! How sweet!  They are both on cloud nine.  I'm very blessed to be getting another daughter in a few months and I couldn't ask for a better one!