Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heed The Warning!

It's ODORLESS

          It's COLORLESS 

                          It's POISON 

and it can kill you while you sleep


Last night, my husband and I were kickin' back in our easy chairs, watching one of our favorite shows; Diners Drive Ins and Dives.... I'm working on my next Early Works creation....yes, we do have quite the exciting life, eh?.... and my daughter calls.

Their carbon monoxide detector went off!  They called 911 and got out of the house. The fire department and gas company came.... there were high levels in the house....mostly in the bedrooms! They checked my daughter, son-in-law and their two kiddos blood levels and my daughter showed the highest signs but they said not enough that she would have to go to the hospital... and my unborn grandchild was fine as well. Thankfully this happened while they were still up and about.

My 2 1/2 year old grandson was thrilled to get in an ambulance and see all the firemen, of course! Such an exciting evening for the little guy.

Good thing it was warmer, as they hung around outside, waiting to find out if they had to leave the house for the evening or what.... the gas company gave it the all clear and told them to leave the furnace off and they could stay... the house had by now, been aired out for hours.

I don't think it really hit me until my head hit the pillow later.....if they would not have had the detector... they might not have woken up this morning!  (When I talked to my daughter this morning, this is exactly what a fireman told them last night).  I couldn't sleep as the reality of it slammed into me.  And I Prayed - All Night - I Praised God - All Night. Thank you Lord for saving my family!

So now that I've told what happen... I'm hopping up on my soap box for just a second.....

If you do not have a carbon monoxide detector - GO GET ONE NOW! 
We used to have one..... and after I get a bit more coffee in me... I'm heading out for a new one! I don't care how much it costs.... if it EVER goes off even ONCE... it has saved your life and more than paid for itself. 

Blessings my friends!

6 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oh my....I'm so glad to read that you and your family are safe! What a horrible experience but thank God you had a detector!

BumbleBeeLane said...

So glad they are OK.We bought 2 about 2 years ago as we felt sick once in awhile and thought maybe it was the cause.Yes better safe than sorry.Ours went off once but it was because it was to close to the furnace so we moved it and have been fine.At least your gradnson had a exciting night..smile...Warm Blessings!~Amy

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

So glad your family is okay. We had a scare once~ the firebox in the furnace split and CO was leaking. The detector warned us of the leak. They do save lives!
Blessings,
Jean

~*~Harvest Moon by the Lake~*~ said...

Wow! Thank God that your daughter and her family are safe.
Hugs,
Leanne

Barefoot Primitives said...

I'm a believer in this little piece of equipment for sure! I just have to keep praising HIM instead of getting caught up in the "what if's". :o)
Blessings
~Debbie

dee begg said...

Thank God everyone was ok. We have 3, yep, 3 CO detectors...my hubby is nutso about them! We have 2 downstairs...one in the furnace room and one in the laundry room...to check the furnace and dryer. Then one upstairs in the kitchen as the gas stoves there. They sure save lives when used and maintained.

D