Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weight Loss

We finished a series at church last Sunday called Weight Loss.
Now, it's not what you're initially thinking. Pastor wasn't telling his congregation they needed to shed a few pounds. LOL
Nope, this one was about shedding Greed, Guilt, Anger, and Jealousy.
I wanted to share something that stuck with me:

GREED ~ means, I Owe Me
GUILT ~ means, I Owe You
ANGER ~ means, You Owe Me
JEALOUSY ~ means God Owes Me

Life is not measured by how much one owns. Luke 12:15

Although you wash yourself with soap and use an abundance of cleansing powder,  the stain of your guilt is still before me,”declares the Sovereign Lord. Jeremiah 2:22

Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy? Proverbs 27:4

Peace of mind means a healthy body, but jealousy will rot your bones. Proverbs 14:30




No comments: