Monday, April 22, 2013

Braggin' Rights ;o)

I just had to share... my 30 year old, married daughter, mother of  3 year old and 7 month old boys, and owner of her own daycare.... has gone back to college to be a nurse.  She's very glad she got her Associates after high school, that cuts the time down considerably.  

I simply do not know how she juggles all this. 
We all try to help out wherever needed, but she's always been one that if she didn't get an A, she was upset with herself.

Well let me tell you... (now comes more braggin', so hang on).... last Friday we went to a ceremony for her induction in the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. When my son in law heard of some of the scholarship monies aimed at PTK, his mouth literally dropped open. My husband calmly put his hand under his chin and closed it! ;o)

Ok that's it.We're all so very proud of her! 
Thanks for listening to one proud mama!

 


7 comments:

Danice G said...

Congratulations to your daughter, as well as to you and your husband! This is awesome news. Your daughter really sounds like a go-getter. I also returned to college (at age38) and got my Bachelor's degree. It's not easy, but she will make it. Thank you for sharing this uplifting news :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Brag you should!!!
Congrats to you and yours!
Kudos to your daughter for doing something for herself ~ I'm sure she'll be great at it!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Farmhouse prims said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter! And you have the right to brag! What an accomplishment! And to go to school when you have little ones! I am so proud of her. hugs, Lecia

Barefoot Primitives said...

Thanks! When she was debating about it...I told her it would be hard, but it would be worth it. She's a hard worker and so smart! She must take after her mama! ROFL ;o)
Blessings
Debbie

Barefoot Primitives said...

Oh and good for you Danice!
We think we're 'too old' to go back to school.. then 5-10-15 years go by and you think... now just where would I be now if I'd have done it back when I thought I was 'too old'! :O)

Allison said...

Congrats to Leah! How exciting, I have a friend who is getting ready to graduate from nursing school next month.

Maureen said...

How wonderful!!!! It's always nice to read what a proud mama has to say about her kids. Knowing you as I do Deb,Leah will make a terrific nurse. Congratulations to her ont his huge accomplishment.