Saturday, November 2, 2019

A bigger ironing board....


I needed a bigger ironing area, especially for quilting. I googled how, of course, then I asked a quilter friend how she did hers.  Easy peasy.  
I helped my husband cut the board, then layed down my materials on the floor. Of course, if you have a big table you can do that too. Got my staple gun ready and rock 'n rolled!

I love blue ticking, so I got 2 yards, which was plenty with some extra left over for future projects. 
Laid the ticking on the floor with the right side facing down, then a layer of muslin, then a double layer of batting.  Fold it around tight as you go and staple to bottom side of board. I did both long sides first. With the short ends I trimmed some fabric so it wouldn't be so bulky and pulled tight and stapled. It was pretty easy and I like the way it turned out.

My friend told me to NOT use polyester batting. Use 100% cotton, or a cotton wool blend, which is what I found (at Joann's).
I





1 comment:

Danice G said...

What a wonderful, large and perfect ironing board! It looks both great and very useful.