Monday, May 21, 2018

WARNING....


By accident, I stumbled across a website: pindiy

They have my copy righted patterns, as well as tons of other artists. It says you can contact them, tells ya how, and there's no way to do it unless you sign up and give them your info.

This is a MALICIOUS site. From what I've gleaned so far, people can anonymously put anyone's patterns up and sell them or offer for free. With mine, they've uploaded a photo of the front of my pattern pages. So they aren't denying they are my patterns, but it also appears like I am the one offering them. 
 ** I AM NOT. **
So far I've found 17 of my patterns on here!
 They DO NOT have my permission.

Sadly, because of the pic on there, these are being offered on this site by a past customer of mine. 😞

I've also learned this site will steal your personal info as well as your financial info and when you download the PDF patterns, and they put a virus in them somehow. 

So please, DO NOT download anything from this site.

I'm still trying to figure out how to contact them to take my patterns off, but not sure how, and there's no way I'm signing up for this site.

So be forewarned. And know that I am not putting my patterns on there.

Thanks so much and if anyone has any suggestions... feel free to leave a post or contact me.

Have a blessed day

2 comments:

Danice G said...

Oh Debbie. I have stumbled across such sites before too, though not that particular one. Since you cannot contact them safely, consider getting an attorney to send them a Cease & Desist order (since your work is copyrighted). There are also many people pinning pattern sheets to boards like Pinterest stating that they are free when they are in fact not free. I guess they take photos of the pattern sheets and then upload them. I think on Pinterest, you can actually contact them about it. This site you mentioned though, 'sounds like you need an attorney's assistance. Best of luck to you. Keep us updated.

Shweet Sandi said...

It's a forum that someone has created to do just this sell/trade people's patterns that are not their own. They make me so mad this is thief just plain and simple. Wonder what country they are in. Look at the bottom of the home page. See if you can find the country if it is in Europe you can get it shut down after today with the new law.