Thursday, January 10, 2013

Don't Be a Martha

In my daily devotional, Jesus Calling,  was about focusing on Jesus. When you spend time with Him are you thinking of your "to do" list or are you completely focused on Him? Bring your mind back to Jesus for refreshment and renewal. When you do this, He equips you to face whatever the day brings.

Psalm 105:4  Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Luke 10:39-42 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from her."

I have to watch myself that I'm not too much of a "Martha", too busy for what really matters!
With all of the gadgets and things to "make our lives easier", why are we busier than ever before? Just a few moments with God in the morning (as much time as you can allow), can make your day turn out much different or even much better than you can possibly imagine!


**~**    **~**    **~**

No comments: