Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jesus Calling

Morning friends and happy 2013!
One thing I got my husband for Christmas was this small book, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It's a 365 day devotional. Well he loves it and when I started looking through it I had to go get one for myself!

I know myself well enough that I'll never be able to keep up a daily blog  about this wonderful little book... but I thought I'd share a little bit, from time to time. At the end of each day's devotional are a couple of Bible versus to look up. What's cool is I find that a whole lot of them I already have highlighted in my own Bible!

The first day is about a closer walk with Jesus. Do not cling to the old ways. Seek His face with an open mind. He knows and understands you completely. And to give yourself fully to the adventure of increasing attentiveness to His Presence.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Have a blessed day my friends!

**~**  **~** **~**


No comments: