Monday, December 5, 2011

The Light - Day 5

Definition:  Something that enlightens or informs


Then Jesus told them this parable: Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the 99 in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'  I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous persons who do not need to repent.  ~ Luke 15: 3-7






WOW!  To even try to imagine being with Jesus and rejoicing in heaven with Him!!!
To get my little pea brain wrapped around a loving God that wants me with Him!!

God spared nothing in His search for you! He gathered the greatest search party that has ever been formed in order to find you. He sent His Son, His Spirit, and His angels after you. As they searched, He had his people pray. You will never fully know how deep, how thorough, and how costly His search was. You do not belong to Him today because of chance, or accident, or a stroke of fate or luck. You are His because He never gave up His search until He found you!  

 You've probably seen the picture above before.... but I look at the expression on Jesus face in this one and think.... He is so happy to have me in His life!!!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I am enjoying reading these very much Debbie,thank you! The second picture was always a favorite of my Mom's.

Barefoot Primitives said...

I sure like it to MO! Glad you're liking this little 'series'!!! ;o) It's been fun and keeps me in the Word!

Jackie said...

I don't know where I would be if HE had not found me. Although we often think WE found him.
Blessings and a good day to you.